Economic Development Workgroup
- Lee Trotter
- Judy Rawson
- Sandy Pianalto
Note: These proposed charges were intended to give the work-groups a starting point from which to organize their work. We expect that some work-groups may expand upon their charges and/or coordinate with other work-groups to avoid duplicate processes or work product.
Charter: Article VII
- Review existing County operations, initiatives, strategies and investments designed to enhance economic growth and workforce development. Align the work of the operations of the Department of Development, the County Planning Commission, the Department of Workforce Development, Cuyahoga NEXT, and the Workforce Investment Board
- Suggest more effective ways for the public, private and non-profit partners to collaborate in order to:
- Attract new businesses to the County
- Analyze, finance, and close business deals quickly so as to demonstrate to attract and retain jobs
- Ensure that the county takes appropriate leadership in promoting innovative practices and sustainable economic growth in the county.
- Incorporate best practices from around the country to ensure
- Ensure that the benefits of economic growth are shared equitably,
regardless of location of the new business
- Recommend improved practices to enable to Department of Development to best coordinate the programs and activities of the officers, departments, agencies, boards and commissions of the County that relate to economic development.
- Recommend staffing, rules and bylaws for the Economic Development Commission
- Offer such other recommendations related to best practices so as to leverage the county’s existing resources to promote and enhance the economic well being and prosperity of the County and all of its residents.
documents are the work products of a transition volunteer work group.
recommendations remain preliminary until fully reviewed and approved
with or without amendment and/or commentary by the Transition Executive
Links to Economic Development Workgroup Documents
LIVE WEBCAST to Economic Development 6 pm meeting tonight April 29, 2010