Human Resources Workgroup
- Debbie Southerington
- Tom Helfrich
Note: These proposed charges were intended to give the
workgroups a starting point from which to organize their work. We expect
that some workgroups may expand upon their charges and/or coordinate
with other workgroups to avoid duplicative processes or work product.
Charter Article IX
- Review existing Human Resource operations/procedures/technology in all the Charter impacted agencies to identify current best practices and or redundancies
- Recommend an organizational and operational structure for the seamless transition to a Human Resources Commission operation to ensure:
- Pay equity for comparable positions
- Standardization of benefits
- Approval of minimum and preferred qualifications
- Consistent disciplinary rules
- Training of management in personnel practices
- Training of employees in job functions
- Training for total quality management
- Consistent administration of a performance management system
- Coordination of recruitment and retention policies
- Compliance with ethics resolutions or ordinances as passed by the Council; and,
- Offer such other recommendations related to best practices for the operations of Human Resources so as to achieve optimal improvements, transformational realignment and efficiencies.
documents are the work products of a transition volunteer work group.
recommendations remain preliminary until fully reviewed and approved
with or without amendment and/or commentary by the Transition Executive